Friday, February 24, 2006

Five Weird Things About Myself

I just saw a challenge to name five weird things about yourself, and as I was searching for a topic to blog about today, I thought, "Wow, what an excellent choice!"
I don't think it's going to be as easy as it sounds, though. I mean, I don't normally think of myself as being weird, nor do I think of anything I do as being weird. But I'm always up for a good challenge, so here goes:

1. I hate to throw out flowers. I love getting flowers as a gift, enjoy seeing them everyday, their beauty really lights up my world. But I, how shall I say this, procrastinate when it comes to throwing them out. They die eventually, no matter how often I change their water, or put the 'food' that usually comes with each bouquet into the water, they all die. And I hate throwing them out. They'll sit there all dead-looking, brown and droopy for weeks sometimes, and I feel guilty about them. Really, I do! I avoid looking at them, pretend they're not there, for far too long a time before I finally pitch them into the trash. I have no idea why I do this, I just no I feel so sad tossing them into the garbage, no matter how bad they look.

2. I can't go to sleep at night without playing solitaire. I don't know if that would be truely considered weird or not, but if I don't play a couple of games of solitaire on my hand-held game, I can't sleep.

3. I can't eat the last cookie in the pack. Nor the last slice of bread. Never. I just can't. If no one else eats it, it will grow mold and be thrown out. Is that normal?

4. I love making 'to-do lists'. I hate doing the things on my 'to-do lists'. I know, what's the point of making them if you have no intention of following them? I feel so organized and competent while making them, but after everything is written down, I think, "Oh bother! Who wants to do all that?!!?"

5. I'm in love with paper. Handmade paper, colorful paper, paper of different weights and textures and sizes, I love paper! I collect paper, always thinking as I do so, "I can do something GREAT with this!" Too much of it goes unused, unfortunately. And paper is not light, not in great quantities, so too often I have to throw it away or give it away. It's a shame, really it is, 'cause I could do so much if I had all that paper...

Okay, your turn now. Can you name five weird things about yourself? How about sharing them with me?

No comments: