Monday, February 27, 2006

"I Am"

This may be my last blog for a couple of days dues to the 'big move'. See ya' when we get to Arkansas!
I borrowed this idea from Mike. Thanks, Mike!



"I Am

I am ... creative, artistic, imaginative, romantic-at-heart, patient, kind, tender-hearted. Or so I've been told.
I want ... more time. A 28 hour day would be nice for starters.
I have ... more than I need, but not as much as I want.
I wish ... that I could fast-forward 3 or 4 years to the time when we can retire and settle in one place instead of moving once or twice a year.
I hate ... cruelty- in any form, violence, prejudice, racism.
I miss ... my family most of all, and old friends that I've foolishly lost track of.
I fear ... bugs, heights, the monster in my closet, and my biggest fear- waking up one day to find myself old and all alone.
I hear ... spirit voices from far off lands calling me to come and explore.
I search ... for friendship, acceptance, satisfaction and recognition
I wonder ... if 50 years from now anyone outside of my own family will remember or recognize my name.
I regret ... spending so much of my childrens youth working outside the home, and not spending as much time just playing and exploring the wonders of the world with them.
I love ... my mate, my family, my friends, my pet, nature, travel, writing, reading, drawing, painting, and life in general.
I always ... expect too much and as a result, am frequently disappointed.
I dance ... when no one is looking
I sing ... in the shower, in bed, driving in the car or whenever I think no one is listening.
I cry ... too easily, too often.
I write ... much too much, and oftentimes, badly.
I win ...
I lose ...
I confuse ... myself, and others who think they know me but really don't.
I need ... to give and receive love. More kindness. More time to do what I want to and not what I have to.
I should ... quit smoking completely and get more exercise.
My father thinks I am ...
My mother thinks I am ...
My mate thinks I am ...
I am complimented for ... my creativity and my patience.
I get embarrassed when ...
It makes me happy when ... I can spend time with the people I love.
It upsets me when ... I see suffering or violence or injustice being done that I can't do anything about
I keep a diary ... and a journal, and three blogs.
I like to cook ... chinese, mexican, italian and anything sweet.
I have a secret I have not shared with anyone ... and if you think I'm going to share it with you, you've got another think coming. A secret shared is a secret no more.
I'm in love ... with life and love.
I set my watch a few minutes ahead ... never as I can't see any real point in it.
I bite my fingernails ... though not as often as I used to, when I'm under stress.
I believe in love ... at first sight, also love that grows with time and understanding.
The weirdest person I know is ... me ! Does that surprise you?
The loudest person I know is ... that irritating guy from the oxyclean commercials.
The person that knows the most about me is ... uhm... a very good question. I guess I'd have to say the person who knows the most about me is me!
The most boring teacher ... is life, because too often, it forces you to repeat the same mistakes over and over again 'til you finally learn the lesson it's trying to teach.
My most overused phrase is ... "I love ______________ !" (fill in the blank)
My best feature is ... my good nature, my intellect, my articulation. Or so I've been told.
The best inside joke I can think of right now is ... I hate to admit I don't think I know of any.
I take a shower ... if I can't take a bath. Showers can be fun to sing in, but nothing beats a long hot soak in the tub, especially if you throw in lots of sweet smelling bubbles.
I'm crushing on ... someone I have no right to crush on, I love the way he writes, the way his mind works and the images he's built in my mind.
I want to get married ... not! Been there, done that, not interested in seeing the sequel at all!
I am tattooed ... on my left arm, my right breast, my belly button, and my back. I plan to get my next tattoo on my left arm as soon as I can set something up with my favorite tattoo artist, my oldest son!
I am pierced ... two holes in each ear is enough, thank you very much!
I am a health freak ... not really, unless you think my being a vegetarian makes me a 'health freak. I do that mainly as a moral and ethical choice rather than a health choice.
Thunderstorms ... scare me. I can find beauty in the strength of the sounds the produce, majesty in some of the spectacular light shows that sometimes accompanies thunderstorms, but mostly they scare the bejeebers out of me, and I want to cower safely under the covers until they pass.

No comments: