Monday, March 06, 2006

Adventures In Hunting, Part Deux


An update on our hunt for a new apartment in Bentonville, AR.


After a hectic, frantic weekend of apartment hunting we finally decided on one. It's a 2 bedroom, 2 bath, ground floor apartment on a golf course, no less. Guess I'll have to keep my ears open for the sound of Fore! Can't have my birdfeeders or a garden but you can't have everything, I guess. I'll be glad to get out of this glorified motel room, but that won't happen 'til next weekend.


Oh yeah, the last apartment we looked at yesterday told us they wouldn't accept our guinea pig, can you imagine that??? I said they were probably worried he'd get loose and mate with their mice, then they'd have a bunch of huge, hairy mutated tail-less mice-pigs running around THEIR golf course, destroying their ninth hole. 7 out of 10 apartment complexes down here have golf courses connected to them, I swear!


Oh my gosh, now that I think about it, my guinea pig, Valentine, REMINDS me of that gopher from Caddyshack! I think he shares that gophers temperment and sense of humor, too.


I tried golf once, at a driving range. I don't think I did very well, as all the other golfers suddenly decided they had enough practice after my fifth practice swing shot the ball over the top of the pro shop behind the driving range. I do pretty well at miniature golf tho'...

1 comment:

Michelle- This One's for the Girls said...

Hey there!

Thanks for coming by my blog! I'm so glad that it was a blessing!

My father-in-law is the associate pastor at First Baptist Church in Bentonville, AR- so if you have any questions, I might be able to be of some help!
Michelle