Sunday, March 12, 2006

I've Been Dreaming Of...

Dream Vacations

Where would I like to go for a vacation, if I could go anywhere, spare no expense?

One of my dreams has always been to go on a cruise to Alaska. For one thing, I grew up watching "The Love Boat" series on television, and it always seemed so dreamy, so romantic, the ideal existance. To have a luxurious cabin, with porthole windows looking out onto the waves *sigh*. There's all the activities on board a ship, nightclubs, grand dining rooms, imagine getting dressed up to go to dinner? How often do you do that in real life? Plus dancing, nightclub shows, and walks on the deck under the moonlight. Plus the gorgeous scenery of the wildderness of Alaska! That's one dream vacation.

Another place that I've always dreamed about visiting is the Great Barrier Reef. I don't even scuba dive, but I'd learn in a hurry if I had the opportunity to visit this marine park off the northeast coast of Australia. When, or I should say, IF I got tired of diving and observing the wonderous displays of underwater life, I'd take a break by going with one of my other passions, shell collecting. There, too, is a once in a life time opportunity. I can just imagine the joy of finding a giant triton shell, even if I wasn't allowed to add it to my shell collection. The thrill of finding one, and holding it in my own two hands would be worth the trip.

I've also dreamed of touring the lands of my ancestors, Ireland and Scotland. I want to kiss the Blarney Stone, though I've heard that's a slightly risky endevour. I dream of a walk along the moors. Who wouldn't want to try and spot the Loch Ness monster drifting through the early morning mist? Not I, I wouldn't miss that for all the tea in China. I want to see all the things I've read and heard about all my life, live and in person!

Last, but not least, I'd love to be pampered and spoiled on the white sands of Acapulco. Reputedly, one of the most exciting cities in the world, Acapulco is famous for its explosive nightlife (not sure how well I'd fit in there), postcard beaches, unlimited watersports, first-class hotels, gourmet restaurants and the breathtaking physical beauty of Acapulco Bay. I want to lay under an umbrella, gazing at the pristine blue waters of the bay, sipping on a tall, frosty, exotic drink. *sigh* Would you care to join me there?

These are just a few of the 'real' places I'd like to take a vacation in. Check back again to see the 'imaginary' vacation areas I've dreamed of. Ciao!

No comments: