Tuesday, February 08, 2011

An Apple A Day...


I know, I know, an apple a day doesn't really keep the doctor away, but they sure do make a delicious pizza! This is one of our family's favorite recipes, and I thought I would share it with you. It's a big hit with the kids, surprisingly I have yet to meet an adult who didn't like it either!

Apple Pizza

1 - 12 inch Boboli pizza shell (thin variety - or do as I do and make your own crust from scratch!)
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
3 to 4 medium sized tart apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
1 to 2 tablespoons of sugar (depending on the apples)
1/4 cup apricot jam (optional glaze)

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Set the pizza shell on a baking sheet and sprinkle it with cheese.

Arrange the apple slices on top of the cheese in a spiral fashion. Sprinkle with sugar to taste.

Bake for fifteen minutes, or until the apples are beginning to brown around the edges. Remove the pizza from the oven and allow it to sit for about ten minutes.

If you intend to glaze it, melt the apricot jam, and brush the top surface with the melted jam. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.

Yield: 4 to 5 servings
Preparation time: 30 minutes (10 minutes of work)

I found this recipe in one of my favorite cookbooks, Mollie Katzen's "Vegetable Heaven".

Bon Appetit!

1 comment:

Faith said...

looks good, warm and satisfying