Friday, February 11, 2011

By Leaps and Bounds!




Our family is growing!! Not just one new baby will grace our lives this year. No, Not only two babies to bounce on happy knees, o no! That's not good enough for us! We are going to be blessed by THREE new bundles of joy! I've known for a little while, but didn't want to say anything. I think (I hope) it's safe now to make the announcement.

My oldest son and his wife are having a boy, I learned that joyous news just the other day, with photo's and everything. We don't know what my youngest daughter is expecting, that little one was shy and covered up during the last photo shoot, durn it!

We don't know what my husbands' oldest daughter is having yet, either! It doesn't really matter what the sex of the baby is as far as I am concerned, I've always just prayed that they be healthy and happy when they arrive.

This isn't the first time I've been honored by grandchildren. I am so very proud of Gabby, Maya, Ryan, Brianna, Jeva, John, Jules, Diego, Kalista, Ava, and High Moon as I am of Aaron, Amber, Tommy and Danie! That's fifteen, just in case you weren't keeping count. And by the end of this year, they will be joined by three more for a happy total of EIGHTEEN!

I don't know about you, but just thinking about it leaves me a little breathless.

So I am warming up the crochet hooks and going through my stash, practicing and looking for patterns for booties, sweaters, caps and of course, blankets! Each stitch will be made with love and prayer for the ones they'll touch.

So? Do you have any favorite baby patterns you'd care to share? I'd really love to see them!

p.s. Don't laugh, but I had to correct this post three times, can you believe it? My math skills seem to be a little off this evening. I wonder why???

I hope you all are feeling as blessed as I am this evening!

5 comments:

glor said...

Oh my goodness, how wonderful for you! Congratulations. My favorite is the Lynn's Round Ripple baby blanket which I am just making now for a little boy due soon. Looking forward to seeing what you will make. Love the little booties and blanket.

TurtleDoveCoo said...

Thank you so much, Glor! I adore round ripples. My head is spinning with all the happy news, and I'm so excited I can't count straight!

Good thing I have stitch markers, huh?

Faith said...

You'll have a housefull, heck you already do. What joyfullness...health and happiness to all....how wonderful.

Susan said...

when you become a grandma I usually become a great grandma .. isn't that fun?? You bet... I'm crocheting right now..

Anonymous said...

If Susan is right, then you have 19.