Wednesday, February 23, 2011

More Crochet Show and Tell


My hooks have been flying, as someone has said about me. I hope you aren't tired of seeing this, but I finally have the Sugar Spun Doily blocked and in place as my centerpiece on my dining room table and couldn't wait to show it off. I got the pattern for this lovely doily at Crochet Galore, I adore her blog, she's so inspiring! And speaking of Glor, she really made my day today! She mentioned me in her blog, check it out! I did the happy dance when I saw it!!

This is a cocoon and ball cap I made for one of my new grandbabies. I used Caron Simply Soft for both projects, and they turned out so cute! I got the pattern for the cocoon from Bev's Country Cottage, it works up so quick! The sweet newborn ballcap was a free pattern from heaverinscrochet on Crochetville.org. I had a slight problem when making the ballcap, I discovered I don't have a 3.75 mm hook! How could that be? My size F hooks are 4.0 mm, so that's what I used. I rationalized that I normally crochet tight, so it should all work out okay.

I really need to get a baby doll to model my baby things! I could have borrowed my granddaughter's Cabbage Patch Kid, but they aren't really to size. At least my pig and lamb don't complain much, and Teddy is more than happy to look on.

Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

2 comments:

Faith said...

your doily is so pretty, you did a lovely job..Glor is special that is for sure, always has wonderful CAL..Thanks for stopping over at my place...strawberries...I forgot about those...something I may wish to try this year, we are at least
60 days from planting....anything..you can't even see grass yet. hee hee

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

What a lovely doily. :)

Glor is awesome. I always feel up-lifted after reading her blog.

Blessings always.