Saturday, May 07, 2011

Exploring Palm Coast Waterfront Park


My granddaughter, Brianna Joy, joined Wendy and I for our exploratory walk in Palm Coast Waterfront Park this morning. (Isn't she beautiful? She and her mommy are planning on moving back to Pennsylvania once school is out for the summer. I am going to miss her so very much!)


The park has a Children's Memorial Garden, planted by children with native plants and filled with memorials for children who have gone to heaven. I read this aloud with Brianna, and admit to shedding tears as I did. It's a lovely place, and this poem is so appropriate.



This is the boulder that the above poetry is on.


The engraving on this boulder in the Children's Memorial Garden reads "Rest, Reflect And Recall Special Memories." That's a bench behind it, looking out over the Intercoastal Waterway.


I was so tickled to find morning glories! The park was planned to include all sorts of native wild flowers and plants.



One of the entrances to the Children's Memorial garden.



Wendy gave the day an "F" for fun!


This is Wendy doing what I call 'the reluctant ferret'. When ferrets decide they don't want to go where YOU want to go, they plant all four feet spread out, and refuse to move, kind of putting on the brakes, actually. She didn't want to cross this bridge because there was water under it, and as far as Wendy is concerned, the only use for water is for drinking. If you give her a bath, she pouts for weeks. She literally ignores me if I dare to get her wet!

We all enjoyed our walk this morning. I hope you've enjoyed this small portion of it with us. Many blessings!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for taking me along again today. Give Wendy little caresses for letting us see pictures of her too.

Heather - The Good Life said...

Sounds like a wonderful walk in a beautiful park. I hope you have a great Mother's Day tomorrow! :-)

Faith said...

You ok? Haven't heard from you in a while..Hope all is well.